Qcue is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to deliver high quality software releases for our customers. If you are a QA specialist who is looking to own the entire quality assurance testing framework of an innovative software company then read on...
Qcue created the world’s first dynamic pricing engine for live entertainment events, forever changing the way sports and entertainment tickets are priced. Twice named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports and one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World, Qcue’s pricing and revenue management solutions are used by sports teams, performing arts organizations, venues, and promoters around the world.
- Take ownership of an existing automated testing framework.
- Create test plans and execute test cases across all functional areas of Qcue's SaaS applications.
- Manually test stories and bugs for upcoming sprints and releases.
- Estimate testing efforts to manage release date expectations as well as ensuring software is of high quality before production releases.
- Document and report testing results, log defects as needed and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Understand customer needs and product requirements to ensure software provides significant value to users.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team regarding bug fixes, enhancements, and QA priorities.
- Identify new process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing of SaaS applications.
- Experience with creating and implementing testing plans.
- An eye for regression testing.
- Have worked on the full development lifecycle of a software product.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of an existing automated test framework.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze issues quickly.
- Experience and/or a desire to work with data-intensive applications and/or large data sets.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work independently under deadlines, collaborating across the team as needed.
- At least 1-2 years professional experience.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with responsive design.
- Experience with Mocha / Jasmine / Chai / Webdriverio / Cypress or similar.
- Experience of using and testing REST APIs.
- Java experience.
- Experience working in an agile software environment.
- Experience with project management tools, ideally JIRA.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Vanguard 401(k) with employer contribution.
- Participation in profit-sharing plan.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Minimum 15 annual paid company holidays in addition to flexible PTO policy.
- Weekly company lunches.
- Opportunity to work in an awesome office in downtown Austin.